Are you a successful fundraising professional with demonstrated experience in designing and conducting capital campaigns for nonprofit organizations with a local service focus?
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2017
Weston Volunteer Emergency Medical Services (WVEMS), an independent operating division of the Weston Volunteer Fire Department, (WVFD), is seeking to hire a development consultant to design and help implement a plan for the Department to conduct its first-ever capital fundraising campaign. Funds from this capital campaign will be used to purchase a new ambulance and build a dedicated WVEMS station on the grounds of the Weston Town Hall, Police and Fire campus.
Interested applicants should be proven fundraising professionals with a successful track record of designing and conducting capital campaigns for nonprofit organizations with a local service focus. It is anticipated that 100% of the funds raised as part of this campaign will come from the residents and community organizations of Weston, CT.
The Development Consultant must have the ability to be effective in a collaborative role with WVEMS in structuring and coordinating the fundraising campaign. This is an opportunity to work with an engaged team of community leaders and volunteers to create a lasting impact on the Weston community.
In consultation with a team of volunteer members of the WVEMS, the Development Consultant will develop, structure, and coordinate the implementation of the fundraising plan.
Leadership, Management and Collaboration
- Coordinate and manage all business, financial, programmatic, administrative and operational activities of the campaign.
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track the progress of the campaign.
- Help develop marketing plan (to potential donors) and facilitate the execution of the plan.
- Oversee accounting for all financial transactions and fulfillment with the bookkeeper.
- Develop follow-up communications and ensure timely completion of acknowledgement of receipt and thank you communications.
- Update the WVEMS team on a periodic basis and provide campaign committee members with relevant information for meetings with donors and community organizations.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Innovative, entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter. A visionary who can imagine ‘what if’, see the big picture, but also manage the details.
- Proven fundraising experience with a successful track record of designing and conducting capital campaigns for nonprofit organizations with a local service focus.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage and motivate others toward a common goal and provide support as needed to successfully achieve campaign goal.
- Analytical skills and ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Experience in a hands-on small team environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with volunteers and committee members.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations and the social sector.
- Familiarity with Fairfield County, Connecticut in general and Weston, CT in specific.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
Salary commensurate with experience.
WVEMS is an independent operating division of the Weston Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. (WVFD), a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization organized for the purpose of providing fire and emergency medical response services to the town of Weston, Connecticut.
Since 1962, WVEMS has been serving the residents of Weston with our motto “neighbors helping neighbors”. All services we provide to residents of Weston are done so on a free of charge basis. We are an all-volunteer EMS department with more than 60 fully certified Emergency Medical Technician members dedicated to maintaining the highest quality of care standards for our patients. To learn more or support WVEMS, visit www.westonems.com
The Weston Volunteer Emergency Medical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.